大森克己さんが全国の桜を追った写真集『大森克己 / Cherryblossoms』。
We Japanese love sakura, cherry blossom, which we can appreciate and enjoy full bloom only a week or so in a year. It’s too close to our heart that cherry blossom might be too typical or obvious for Japanese photographers to shoot. Of course it’s one of the main subjects for amateur photographers (like Mt. Fuji and Trains) but there are not many photobooks focused strictly on cherry blossom. Katsumi Omori (b.1962) achieved this lightly with his snap-shot style.
The book was published by little more in 2007.
It’s obvious from the book size and design that this is homage to Lee Friedlander’s Cheery Blossom Time in Japan (article here).
ぜひアメリカ人写真家Lee Friedlander（リー・フリードランダー）の『Cherry Blossom Time in Japan』とあわせて見てみてください。（紹介記事はこちら）
- Katsumi Omori / salsa gumtape (1998)
- Photographer’s Cherry Blossoms: Lee Friedlander and Katumi Omori
- Lee Friedlander / Cherry Blossom Time in Japan (2006)
- Katsumi Omori / encounter (2005)
- Photographer’s Cherry Blossoms: Masafumi Sanai